I’m on a culture studying binge right now and I couldn’t wait to share with you an excerpt from Tim Steven’s new book “Fairness is Overated” on what a great culture looks like. Here is a summary of his 12 observations:
1. People are waiting in line to join your team
2. Turnover is low
3. Top leaders are not insecure about other leaders succeeding
4. Gossip isn’t tolerated.
5. Lateral leadership is outstanding
6. Team members are energized by the mission
7. It’s not just a job; people do life together
8. The team believes they are more important than the task
9. People are smiling
10. Fear is missing
11. Communication is strong
12. Change is welcome
Excerpt From: Tim Stevens. “Fairness Is Overrated: And 51 Other Leadership Principles to Revolutionize Your Workplace.” iBooks.
You can download a free chapter or purchase “Fairness is Overated” at www.fairnessisoverated.com