Last night, Pastor Francis Anfuso, a catalyst for revival in the Sacramento region, took us deep last night and addressed how our personal response to personal loss ultimately promotes us. He had written several books and created several documentaries on the subject of revival. You can check out more of his resources on his website.
Here were some of the bombs of truth Pastor Francis dropped on us last night:
Everyone of us experience setbacks, disappointments, even at times devastating losses. How we respond to the will determine whether we will lead victorious or defeated lives.
Revival, both personal and community wide, always happen at the darkest of times.
- The problems and adversities we face, even those that are self-inflicted, can distract us from fulfilling our one-ofa-kind destiny in God.
- We live in a time of incomprehensible challenges. Therefore, we must never stop believing in the power of the God beyond our comprehension.
- The only destiny you really want is the one God has specifically designed for you. This setback did not define David, but his response did (1 Samuel 30:8).
- Don’t be surprised if the season you are closest to fulfilling your destiny is simultaneously the lowest point in your life.
- We can see what we’re trusting in, by how we respond to adversity. We’ll lose hope for our future, when we lose hope in God.
- If you join yourself to the world’s new morality, which is actually just old immorality, you will die spiritually. Whatever you refuse to die to, will eventually kill you
- Unresolved pain will eventually become bitterness and offense.
- David being personally revived, led to the revival of the nation of Israel. Responding well to the tests God sends our way, always leads to promotion (1 Samuel 30:18-19)
My personal observation of what God is doing is that He is activating the body at New Life to do the works of the ministry. It is so encouraging to see all of you released and flowing in your gifts as you minister to one another. Let’s keep pressing in and continue to cultivate revival in our hearts, our church and our city!
ONE MORE NIGHT WITH SEAN SMITH! LET’S DO THIS!
What is God doing/saying to you during REVIVE?